What’s the best age for baby pictures?
The age of your baby can make a difference in what type of poses you are able to position them in and whether they will like it or not. All babies are different, and it’s not to say that one baby will be easier to pose over another based only on baby’s age, but generally speaking, the age of the baby can dictate how the session will run.
If you want to have your baby’s entire first year documented, I recommend the following milestones:
- Fresh 48 Session: Held at the place of birth, within the first 24-48 hours of your baby’s life, these lifestyle sessions are perfect for remembering that first day forever, including siblings meeting the baby, first bath, breastfeeding (optional), bonding with family, etc.
- Newborn Session: The best time to schedule a newborn session is within 2 weeks after birth. At this time babies are more sleepy and curly and we can get most of the cute poses you see here on my website.
- Tummy Time Session: For babies from three-months-old to five-months-old that are able to hold their head up.
- Sitter Session: For babies that are able to sit up unassisted and crawl, but doesn’t yet walk, usually between six-months-old to ten-months-old.
- Cake Smash / First Birthday Session: This is a great and exciting way to celebrate baby’s first year!
Baby Armaan was almost 6 months old when he came to my photography studio in Richmond BC for his photo session. Big brother and sister also enjoyed participating in the photo shoot and we had so much fun together!