What’s the best age for baby pictures?
The age of your baby can make a difference in what type of poses you are able to position them in and whether they will like it or not. All babies are different, and it’s not to say that one baby will be easier to pose over another based only on the baby’s age, but generally speaking, the baby’s age can dictate how the session will run.
If you want to have your baby’s entire first year documented, I recommend the following milestones:
- Fresh 48 Photography Session: Held at the place of birth, within the first 24-48 hours of your baby’s life, these lifestyle sessions are perfect for remembering that first day forever, including siblings meeting the baby, first bath, breastfeeding (optional), bonding with family, etc.
- Newborn Photography Session: The best time to schedule a newborn session is within 2 weeks after birth. At this time babies are more sleepy and curly and we can get most of the cute poses you see here on my website.
- Tummy Time Photography Session: For babies from three months old to five-months-old that are able to hold their heads up.
- Sitter Photography Session: For babies that can sit up unassisted and crawl, but don’t yet walk, usually between six to ten months old.
- Cake Smash Photography / First Birthday Photography Session: This is a great and exciting way to celebrate a baby’s first year!
Baby Armaan was almost 6 months old when he came to my photography studio for his photo session. Big brother and sister also enjoyed participating in the photo shoot and we had so much fun together!